Who to turn to if my boss isn't paying overtime

I work for a doctor's office, where the shifts consistently go overtime. My boss just pays me regular wages without the overtime. Can she do that? If she can't, where should I go to report this? 


  • There may be cases where overtime wouldn't apply to you. You can look up the "duties test" to find out if your employer is exempt from overtime. This usually applies to certain skilled labor or supervisory roles. If you would like to file a complaint, you should contact the Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division. Their number is 1-866-487-9243. They will direct you from there.
Sign In or Register to comment.